A few weeks back, I posted photos from Ella’s Sweet as Apple Pie birthday party. This theme was so adorable and I love how her mom, Courtney, put everything together. Talk about attention to detail. If you have not seen the photos, check them out in this post here.
Today, I wanted to share with you the a couple recipes that Courtney used… for the Cinnamon Apple Popcorn and the Apple Sangria. I love how Courtney served the apple popcorn in cones and decorated these with the cupcake toppers. She simply punched the cupcake toppers using a 2 inch circle punch. And of course, the red bucket fits the theme perfectly.
Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Popcorn
2 cups chopped dried apples
10 cups popped popcorn
2 cups pecan halves
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place apples in a large shallow baking pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in popcorn and nuts.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle butter mixture over popcorn mixture, stirring well.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Pour onto wax paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
Recipe for Apple Sangria
3 1/2 cups chopped Honeycrisp apple (about 2 pounds)
1/2 cup apple schnapps
1/4 cup honey
4 whole cloves
2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
2 (1/4-inch) slices peeled fresh ginger
1 large navel orange, quartered $
1 (750-milliliter) bottle fruity red wine (such as Beaujolais) $
1/4 cup club soda, chilled, divided
4 thin horizontal slices cored Honeycrisp apple
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- Strain wine mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Pour about 2/3 cup sangria over ice in each of 4 glasses; top each serving with 1 tablespoon club soda and 1 apple slice.
Remember to follow me on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. I actually have a board on Pinterest with loads of ideas if you are thinking of hosting an Apple themed party, then you should check it out for sure. Click here for the Apple Pie Party Pinterest board.