Check out these awesome party favors that Courtney gave out at her son’s Mickey Mouse themed second birthday party. How cute are these?
Courtney did an incredible job styling her son’s Mickey Mouse party. Her attention to detail is amazing! I’ll be posting more photos from the party tomorrow.
You can have a lot of fun making these treats with your kids. Here are directions, direct from the Kellogg’s website!
If you make these, I would love to see photos so please e-mail me and I’ll post the pictures on my blog!
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 package (10 ounces) regular marshmallows (or you could use 4 cups of miniature marshmallows)
6 cups Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal
18 wooden ice cream sticks or 6 inch lollipop sticks
1 ½ cups white chocolate morsels
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal. Stir until well coated.
2. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Allow this to cool.
3. Use a cookie cutter to put the treat into the shape you desire then push one stick into the bottom of each bar/shape. The 5 inch Mickey Mouse icon cookie cutter is available online from Amazon.
4. Melt your chocolate. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
5. Dip bars into chocolate.
6. Pour the sprinkles onto a plate. Dip the bar into the sprinkles whilst the chocolate is still wet.
7. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
8. Put the treat in a sandwich bag and tie with ribbon. Add a personalized party favor tag to give it a polished look! I have lots of printable party favor labels in my Etsy store but if you don’t see what you are looking for, just e-mail me and I’ll be happy to create it for you.
These are best served within a couple days of making the bars so I recommend making them the day before the party.
Do not use diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine.
[…] also adore the marshmallow treats that were shaped like the classic Mickey Mouse icon. Check out my blog post on how to make these for your next party. Bubbles and hang […]
[…] also adore the marshmallow treats that were shaped like the classic Mickey Mouse icon. Check out my blog post on how to make these for your next party. Bubbles and hang tag Rice Krispies treat Personalized […]
[…] a Mickey Mouse birthday party and need more inspiration, check out the previous posts, here and here! if you would like to purchase the Mickey Mouse collection, please contact me and I can set up a […]
Ok but how did you get them that color..
Dip them in melted chocolate!